So often in the few weeks before the beginning of school we are inundated with mailings from our children's schools and the school district about
- bus schedules (will they/he/she ride a bus, if so when, am/pm, both?),
- about when orientation is (for some it is an am, for some it is a pm, is it Saturday, or during the week),
- who your child's new teacher will be (or for some finding out that the teacher they thought their child was going to have, well, not going to happen, ye-ouch, that's going to be a "fun" conversation),
- lunch applications for free/reduced lunch (and then another conversation about whether your child will or won't be eating the lunch the cafeteria provides or if they/he/she will be "brown bagging" it in that really cute, but very ridiculously overpriced Littlest Pet Shop/Transformers/Disney Princess/Bakugan lunch box that they begged you for while you were school supply shopping (oh, that was day 16 before we started the ultimate check list)),
- finally, whether or not a UNIFORM is required...should have known about that one when you filled out the application btw...